D&D TSR vs. WotC

Status
Not open for further replies.

zo0ok

Rollspelsamatör
Har du någon källa på att Dragonlance-böckerna har stannat av på grund av sensitivity reading ...
Jag kan bara länka till vad jag kan hitta på Google. Det kanske är på något annat sätt.

runequester

Swordsman
Id be kinda wary with third party reporting on that lawsuit. Neither partner has to my knowledge said anything about what actually happened (and are not likely to, since it was settled) and a bunch of weirdoes online have tried to spin it to suit their political agendas.

And while I hate WOTC, it is entirely possible they were not wrong in the dispute.

zo0ok

Rollspelsamatör
Neither partner has to my knowledge said anything about what actually happened
I think it is kind of a fact that WotC owns the trademark Dragonlance. The authors obtained some kind of right to write 3 new books. They did significant work, progress was good, until WotC cancelled the books. A lawsuit followed, was settled, and the books will eventually be published.

With that in mind, it would be possible to understand:
We believe in the freedom to write games, novels and books as art forms
...as "we, the fans of Dragonlance, are sick of WotC negative control of the setting we love, and we believe in the freedom of the original authors (or anyone) to write games, novels and arts for Dragonlance, as they see fit".

I do not know if there is a grain of truth in this theory of mine. But it is a different interpretation of what nuTSR is doing, from that they are just plain idiots. And I rather try to understand what is going on, instead of just calling them idiots.

If they have a case? That is a different story.

Status
Not open for further replies.