Generationskampanj om Arnors fall

I tidningen Other Minds finns det material om Arnor som kanske kan vara användbart?

OM 13 Population and Urbanization in Eriador
OM 19 Divided Arnor
OM 21 The History of Angmar

Finns att lasta ner här: https://www.otherminds.net
Får tacka för det här tipset. Det finns verkligen enormt mycket att hämta i detta fanzine.
Men jag är rätt skeptisk till alla helgon och dylikt som de tryckt in. Olika kyrkor mm.
Antar att de vill skapa en djupare värld.

Och jag lägger ut ytterligare en krok om att det är fritt fram att joina vårt Arnor-projekt.
Det växer sakteligen.
Vi har en discord kanal där vi spånar och vi har än så länge haft ett möte för att gå igenom upplägg med mera.
Vore skoj med mer folk!

JohanL

Myrmidon
Får tacka för det här tipset. Det finns verkligen enormt mycket att hämta i detta fanzine.
Men jag är rätt skeptisk till alla helgon och dylikt som de tryckt in. Olika kyrkor mm.
Religion i Midgård är verkligen sitt eget kapitel, särskilt hos människorna! Dúnedain hör till dem som normalt gör "rätt", alltså litet vagt venererar Valar kollektivt och Eru utan att göra någon affär av det.

Letters:

There are thus no temples or ‘churches’ or fanes in this ‘world’ among ‘good’ peoples. They had little or no’religion’in the sense of worship. For help they may call on a Vala(as Elbereth), as a Catholic might on a Saint, though no doubt knowing in theory as well as he that the power of the Vala was limited and derivative. But this is a ‘primitive age’: and these folk may be said to view the Valar as children view their parents or immediate adult superiors, and though they know they are subjects of the King he does not live in their country nor have there any dwelling. I do not think Hobbits practised any form of worship or prayer (unless through exceptional contact with Elves). The Númenóreans (and others of that branch of Humanity, that fought against Morgoth, even if they elected to remain in Middle-earth and did not go to Númenor: such as the Rohirrim) were pure monotheists. But there was no temple in Númenor (until Sauron introduced the cult of Morgoth). The top of the Mountain, the Meneltarma or Pillar of Heaven, was dedicated to Eru, the One, and there at any time privately, and at certain times publicly, God was invoked, praised, and adored: an imitation of the Valar and the Mountain of Aman. But Numenor fell and was destroyed and the Mountain engulfed, and there was no substitute. Among the exiles, remnants of the Faithful who had not adopted the false religion nor taken pan in the rebellion, religion as divine worship (though perhaps not as philosophy and metaphysics) seems to have played a small part; though a glimpse of it is caught in Faramir’s remark on ‘grace at meat’ Vol. II p. 285.

Last edited:
Religion i Midgård är verkligen sitt eget kapitel, särskilt hos människorna! Dúnedain hör till dem som normalt gör "rätt", alltså litet vagt venererar Valar kollektivt och Eru utan att göra någon affär av det.

Letters:

There are thus no temples or ‘churches’ or fanes in this ‘world’ among ‘good’ peoples. They had little or no’religion’in the sense of worship. For help they may call on a Vala(as Elbereth), as a Catholic might on a Saint, though no doubt knowing in theory as well as he that the power of the Vala was limited and derivative. But this is a ‘primitive age’: and these folk may be said to view the Valar as children view their parents or immediate adult superiors, and though they know they are subjects of the King he does not live in their country nor have there any dwelling. I do not think Hobbits practised any form of worship or prayer (unless through exceptional contact with Elves). The Númenóreans (and others of that branch of Humanity, that fought against Morgoth, even if they elected to remain in Middle-earth and did not go to Númenor: such as the Rohirrim) were pure monotheists. But there was no temple in Númenor (until Sauron introduced the cult of Morgoth). The top of the Mountain, the Meneltarma or Pillar of Heaven, was dedicated to Eru, the One, and there at any time privately, and at certain times publicly, God was invoked, praised, and adored: an imitation of the Valar and the Mountain of Aman. But Numenor fell and was destroyed and the Mountain engulfed, and there was no substitute. Among the exiles, remnants of the Faithful who had not adopted the false religion nor taken pan in the rebellion, religion as divine worship (though perhaps not as philosophy and metaphysics) seems to have played a small part; though a glimpse of it is caught in Faramir’s remark on ‘grace at meat’ Vol. II p. 285.
Varav jag blir skeptisk till vad de lagt in själv i sitt fanzine. Det är helt andra saker.

Skarpskytten

D&D-smurf
Du Beastslayer, jag har ett gäng filer från min Arnor 1406-1409 kampanj, lite korta historiker, om militära förband, släktträd och grejer. Du kan få hela det materialet om du vill.