Nekromanti [Promotion] Crowdfunding Best of Fenix

Fenix

Warrior

Nu har Best of Fenix nått I vårt mål på 8000 dollar, så de tre volymerna blir verklighet lagom till jul. Tack alla ni som hjälpt oss uppnå vårt mål, det känns verkligen jätteroligt att kunna vara med och sprida svensk spelhobby även utanför landets gränser. Som ett särskilt firande lägger vi till ytterligare en artikel i den bonus pdf som alla som stött vår crowdfunding kommer att få. Denna gång är det Christoffer Krämers artikel Baltazar Ndoe och Kronostasen som läggs till. Dessutom är vi otåliga. Vi vill så gärna göra volymerna så matnyttiga det bara går, så för att kunna utöka de tre volymerna snabbare och få med fler artiklar ändrar vi gränsen för när en ny artikel tas med. Tidigare tillkom en artikel för var tusende dollar. Nu dubblerar vi hastigheten, så nästa delmål blir upplåst på 8500 dollar.

Hjälp oss att göra volymerna ännu maffigare under de sista 8 dagarna.

http://igg.me/at/fenix

Anders & Tove

Fenix

Warrior

Vi har nu nått upp i vårt första delmål och artikeln The Doomsday Clock av Christoffer Krämer kommer att ingå i Best of Fenix volym 1. Nästa delmål är More than Zombies av Åsa Roos.
More Than Zombies – Åsa Roos on voodoo and how to incorporate this mythical religion into your roleplaying campaign, and how to adjust it for different settings. The article includes two scenario seeds.

"M'sieu looks a bit pale. Please, have a seat. Standing and swaying like that cannot be good. M'sieu? "
Frederick Wilson, recently arrived at New Orleans. He was not feeling well. Not well at all. His head was spinning, he felt chilly and lethargic and could barely stand on his feet. Sitting down seemed like a good idea.
The moment he landed his butt on the wooden chair the world around him disappeared. Frederick Wilson was no more.
Frederick’s sister Andrea arrived to New Orleans three weeks later. They had found her brother, or what they believed was her brother. Andrea met her brother in an asylum, but he was a mere shadow of the man he once was. Stiff and lanky, he went to meet her, barely more than a skeleton.
"Andrea, Andrea," he whispered, "what are you doing here? Are you dead? "

Voodoo. A word that evokes the pulse of drums and clatter of rhythmic trampling feet, chicken claws and veves painted with white chalk on the dusty pavement.

Hjälp oss att göra volymerna ännu maffigare under de sista 7 dagarna.

Anders & Tove

Fenix

Warrior

Andra delmålet är nu finansierat och artikeln More than Zombies av Åsa Roos kommer att ingå i Best of Fenix volym 2. Nästa delmål är Steampunk Spycraft av Kenneth Hite.

The Man You’re Looking At: A Who’s Who of Steampunk Spycraft – Steampunk and spies make a natural pairing. Both espionage and steampunk flourish amidst imperialism and gadgetry, although at their best both caution against such bad habits. The spy-fi genre emerged in the first decade of the 20th century, prime territory for steampunk stories. The two circuits crossed early. Jules Verne worked villainous spies and secret agents into the occasional “extraordinary voyage.” Sherlock Holmes both smashed spies and worked as a spy, as did the first steampunk hero, Secret Service agent James West of the American TV show Wild, Wild West.

This dossier lets steampunk gamers get down to brass tacks with an array of the real-life spies who flourished during the Belle Epoque. Everyone in this article really existed: for fictional super-spies like Hugo Oberstein, Adolf Verloc, Mr. Sabin, John S. Blenkiron, and Kimball “Kim” O’Hara, go check out the works of their creators (Arthur Conan Doyle, Joseph Conrad, E. Philips Oppenheim, John Buchan, and Rudyard Kipling, respectively). To narrow things down further, everyone in the list is a field agent or (at the least) someone a spy might encounter in the field. With one exception (who was too steampunk to omit), I’ve left out the various terrorists, anarchist masterminds, and similar “players on the other side” that the spies of the era spent much of their time hunting. Almost all the spies listed are active contemporaries: the general range covers roughly 1895-1910, but there are some spies who died early and others who flourished during and after the Great War. (To save space, I mostly leave off their biographies once the War begins.) This hopefully helps the GM put any or all of them into a campaign – or lets the players build them as characters for some Edwardian Mission: Impossible team campaigning. Speaking of impossible, the final section of each biography gives some “Full Steam Ahead” tweaks for truly steampunk super-spy action.

Hjälp oss att göra volymerna ännu maffigare under de sista 5 dagarna.

Anders & Tove

Fenix

Warrior

4 dagar kvar!

Tredje delmålet är nu finansierat och artikeln Steampunk Spycraft av Kenneth Hite kommer att ingå i Best of Fenix volym 3. Nästa delmål är The KIngs of Old av Christoffer Krämer.

The Kings of Old – When the Fellowship drift by the Argonauts– The Kings of Old – they convey a feeling melancholy. They are the result of a glorious age, but standing there still they also remind us that that age has passed and that the world has somehow fallen from grace, unable to achieve such wonders ever again. This theme is repeated over and over again in Lord of the Rings and it is part of what makes the books and films great.

If you are a game master the odds are that your adventure or your campaign is not set in a newly discovered land, where intelligent creatures have never walked before and every square meter is pristine and untouched. More likely is that it is a world with layers and layers of history and that that history has helped shape the world as it is today. Knowing that history and how it has affected culture, and language, and customs and belief systems is the key to creating the sense of wonder you want to achieve when you’re playing.

The Kings of Old is a tool kit for game masters who wants to create their own world and ant to fill that world with a distant past that can affect the adventurers that walk there now. It introduces a method whereby you are able to place layer after layer, strata upon strata, of history and culture in the world, until you get a rich background for adventuring. The article is a very hands-on guide and also gives a number of practical examples that illustrates how this can enhance the gaming experience.

Hjälp oss att göra volymerna ännu maffigare under de sista 4 dagarna.

Anders & Tove

Fenix

Warrior

4 dagar kvar!

Fjärde delmålet är nu finansierat och artikeln The Kings of Old av Christoffer Krämer kommer att ingå i Best of Fenix volym 1. Nästa delmål är mer av Åke Rosenius Birger Barbaren till volym 2.

Birger the Barbarian – Fenix’ own comic has been a part of every issue of the magazine. Åke Rosenius, Sweden’s funniest gaming cartoonist, has created this sly, lazy barbarian, mostly interested in beer and women. We have included a healthy helping of Birger the Barbarian in every volume of the Best of Fenix, and if we reach additional stretch goals we look forward to expanding the pages he is let loose on.

Birger breaks the mould all barbarians come from. Forget the brave dimwit and meet a sly, lazy and rather cowardly barbarian who always has beer on his mind – and rather often women as well. Birger the Barbarian has been a part of every single issue of Fenix since the start. Åke Rosenius is the very funny guy from the cold north behind this comic, but lately his young daughter Evelina has helped him out with ideas and concepts for new comic strips with the singleminded barbarian. Birger the Barbarian is a visual comic, replacing words with symbols or a rebus in the classic speech balloon.

Anders & Tove

Fenix

Warrior

70 timmar kvar!

Nu återstår endast 70 timmar av crowdfundingen för Best of Fenix och det femte delmålet är nu uppfyllt. Volym 2 kommer att förses med extra många strippar av Birger Barbaren. Nästa delmål är The Restoration of Pardise Lost av Christoffer Krämer.
The Restoration of Paradise Lost –Christoffer Krämer has turned the eternal celestial love triangle in to a roleplaying game, where the players take on the roles of angels, demons or humans.

“Like many love affairs ours ended in heart ache. Unlike many others this particular heart ache still has the power to destroy humanity and all of the world. And I will tell You straight: there are times when that does not seem like a bad idea to me – and I’m one of the good ones!

It all started before. “Before what”, You ask? Before everything! He made us and we rose up to love him. 10.000 times 10.000 we were and we basked in his light while we did his bidding. Creation. It was pure and perfect. And then he made You. Humans. Not even the most loyal of us could understand what he saw in You: weak, flawed and totally undeserving of his attention. You didn’t even love him back! To see him so smitten by You, it broke my heart. And I was not the only one.

Samael was the first that couldn’t take it anymore. He lashed out against You and soon more of our kind followed. In the end we all had to choose. To follow Samael, whose pain we all shared, and to go against our one true love. Or to turn against our own brothers and sisters, staying loyal to him that loved another. I chose the latter, but as the millennia’s go by and our numbers dwindle in the constant battle between siblings there is not a single day that goes by when I do not question if I made the right decision. I am Tinithtüel, part of the Left Hands that serve Rafael. I will protect You till the flame leave me. I will die for You, who holds his love. But that does not mean I have to like You”

The Restoration (of paradise lost) is my take on the classic battle between angels and demons being fought on earth. It is one part love story and one part noire thriller à la cold war. The article describes the background of the conflict in detail, illuminates the different sides and factions operating as well as the places where the battle is being fought. It gives ideas on adventures and campaign play and also manages to include a full adventure: The Peacemaker. Enjoy!

Anders & Tove

Fenix

Warrior
57 timmar kvar!

Nu återstår endast 57 timmar av crowdfundingen för Best of Fenix.

Hjälp oss att uppnå ytterligare delmål och göra böckerna ännu större.

Anders & Tove

Fenix

Warrior
46 timmar kvar!

Nu är det mindre än två dygn kvar av crowdfundingen för Best of Fenix.

Anders & Tove

Fenix

Warrior

34 timmar kvar!

Nu återstår endast 34 timmar av crowdfundingen för Best of Fenix och det sjätte delmålet är nu uppfyllt. Volym 3 kommer att förses med The Restoration of Pardise Lost av Christoffer Krämer. Nästa delmål är Shadows of babylon av Kenneth Hite.

Shadows of Babylon – Kenneth Hite uses the mythical city of Babylon as a starting point for an urban fantasy setting, with loads of scenario seeds.

“The epitome of urban fantasy is surely a city that is itself a myth: both grounded in baked brick and gilded in magical radiance. Of course, you can see flashes of such sights in the great cities of the new millennium: San Francisco, Hong Kong, Nairobi. But often the fantasist seeks urban myth in the past, cities sunk deep in centuries: London, Tokyo, Moscow, Istanbul. Surely, then, our road is clear: travel back still further, to when urbanism and fantasy were one and the same, to an era when the gods themselves raised cities by the first river banks. Let’s travel back millennia: back to Babylon.

When you bring Babylon into your urban fantasy (or vice versa), you are walking a Processional Way paved by millennia of legend and myth. Building on the foundations laid in the Bible, Babylon has three main levels of meaning in the symbolic realm: cosmopolitan hubris of the Tower of Babel (or Babylon 5), the earthly prison of the Babylonian Captivity, and the city of the Antichrist, or at least of the “Whore of Babylon” who represents the fallen state of mankind in the End Times. These towers rise over the ancient Babylon, City of Ritual and Earthly Paradise, casting as wide and as deep a shadow as you could want for your game. Babylon echoes through the mystical poetry of William Blake (“the Walls of Babylon are the Souls of Men/Her Gates are the Groans of Nations”) and the political reggae of Bob Marley (“Babylon system is the vampire, falling empire”). You can build a lot out of Babylon bricks, in other words.”

Anders & Tove

Fjodor Pollett

Swordsman
Är omslagen spikade?
Del ett är... problematisk. Inte ens när jag var fjorton hade jag köpt en bok med en bikinivampyr på omslaget, och i fyrtioårsåldern blir det direkt pinsamt. Jag är rätt sugen på att köpa hardcover, men jag nöjer mig nog med pdf - jag klarar mig bra utan "pappa, varför har hon inga kläder på sig?"
Fenix said:
Omslagen är inte spikade än. Det beror lite på vilka artiklar som kommer med.

/Anders & Tove

Fenix

Warrior

23 timmar kvar!

Nu återstår mindre än ett dygn av crowdfundingen för Best of Fenix och det sjunde delmålet är nu uppfyllt. Volym 1 kommer att förses med Shadows of babylon av Kenneth Hite. Nästa delmål är 51 Mythos Dooms av Kenneth Hite.

51 Mythos Dooms – Since almost any Mythos entity might trigger the apocalypse, this column from Kenneth Hite offers a choice of dooms, one for every entry in the Trail of Cthulhu core rulebook.

If Lovecraftian gaming offers anything, it is opportunities for apocalypse. The universe of the Cthulhu Mythos is so dangerous, so replete with opportunities for catastrophe, so hostile to the very concept of human existence, that it almost drives one to Derlethian heresy in an attempt to explain how we got this far. This can be exaggerated, of course. Most Mythos threats are long-dead (except for that one survivor …),impossibly obscure (except for that one tome …), or simply uninterested in mankind (except that one cult is trying to attract them …), so the human race and indeed the planet Earth has a brief respite before Something awakens, emerges, or approaches. Perhaps as long as a century.

Since almost any Mythos entity might trigger the apocalypse, this column offers a choice of dooms, one for every entry in the Trail of Cthulhu core rulebook. Feel free to mix and match: Dagon’s rise might free Ithaqua, the Yithian destruction of the time stream could awaken the Flying Polyps, or rival cults could summon Cthugha and Hastur simultaneously. Lots of room for multiple dooms, in other words. Use this column not just as a menu for destruction but as an ongoing inspiration for your ongoing Cthulhoid campaign, in whichever system you prefer. These dooms needn’t close off play, in other words: they can drive it.

Any of these dooms could be merely the plan of some cult, sorcerer, mad mathematician, or dream-worker encountered in your scenario. You don’t even have to necessarily introduce the monstrosity involved: a few thematic hints, a mysterious bas-relief, and an eerie dream or two can be enough. One eerie dream can become a whole series of nightmares, revealing the true extent of the horrific cataclysm looming over mankind. Are they visions of the hellish future, or perhaps windows into alternate dimensions? Only the Keeper knows for sure. With time-travel and non-Euclidean gates in the campaign, the investigators can visit either one!

Anders & Tove

Fenix

Warrior

18 timmar kvar!

18 timmar innan crowdfundingen för Best of Fenix avslutas har det åttonde delmålet uppfyllts. Volym 2 kommer att förses med 51 Mythos Dooms av Kenneth Hite. Nästa delmål är fler sidor med vår husserie Birger Barbaren av Åke Rosenius. Den här gången till volym 3.

Birger the Barbarian – Fenix’ own comic has been a part of every issue of the magazine. Åke Rosenius, Sweden’s funniest gaming cartoonist, has created this sly, lazy barbarian, mostly interested in beer and women. We have included a healthy helping of Birger the Barbarian in every volume of the Best of Fenix, and if we reach additional stretch goals we look forward to expanding the pages he is let loose on.

Birger breaks the mould all barbarians come from. Forget the brave dimwit and meet a sly, lazy and rather cowardly barbarian who always has beer on his mind – and rather often women as well. Birger the Barbarian has been a part of every single issue of Fenix since the start. Åke Rosenius is the very funny guy from the cold north behind this comic, but lately his young daughter Evelina has helped him out with ideas and concepts for new comic strips with the singleminded barbarian. Birger the Barbarian is a visual comic, replacing words with symbols or a rebus in the classic speech balloon.

Anders & Tove

Fenix

Warrior

14 timmar kvar!

14 timmar innan crowdfundingen för Best of Fenix avslutas har det nionde delmålet uppfyllts. Volym 3 kommer att förses med fler sidor med vår husserie Birger Barbaren av Åke Rosenius. Nästa delmål är The Chamber av Christoffer Krämer. Den här gången till volym 1.

The Chamber – How do you seal off something powerful enough to threaten everything, man’s very existence – and warn future explorers? And how will the adventurers in your campaign handle the discovery? By Christoffer Krämer.

Imagine there is a force/product/entity in the universe so destructive/horrible/malevolent that it potentially has the power to destroy the world as you know it – not just now, but also so far into the future that you can’t even imagine what kind of people will live then. Imagine that you somehow have managed to contain this threat – bottle it up, box it in and keep it under locks. What would you do to discourage people to release it again, long after you were gone, long after everyone that remembered were gone, long after the memory of your whole society had vanished from the world? How would you keep the nosy, power hungry, stupid, clumsy or just plain unlucky humankind from actively or accidentally enter into the CHAMBER?

The Chamber is an article that studies this dilemma. In one way it’s a hands on discussion on how to contain something lethal and discourage anyone from breaking that containment. In another way it’s a philosophical discussion on how language and culture changes so much over time that it’s almost impossible for us to even imagine who our future descendants will be – and what they will be able to do.

Finally it examines the question if you, as a game master, ever could introduce such an element and then manage to dissuade your players from examining it, once they knew of it. They are players after all.

Anders & Tove

Fenix

Warrior

10 timmar kvar!

Med 10 timmar kvar har vi låst upp det tionde delmålet The Chamber av Christoffer Krämer för Volum 1. Nästa delmål blir Lovecraftian Horror av Martin Brodén Rother-Schirren för Volum 2.

Lovecraftian Horror –H. P. Lovecraft is as huge in the roleplaying community as he is unknown outside of it. Why? Martin Brodén takes a closer look at the man and his methods in search of an explanation.

Stöd nu, imorgon är det försent!

[url]http://igg.me/at/fenix
[/URL]

Anders & Tove

Fenix

Warrior

7 timmar kvar!

Un-Made Men – Anarchy through the Steam –Kenneth Hite presents five fiendishly fantastic anarchist groups and six terribly terrific anarchists in this follow up to The Man You’re Looking At: A Who’s Who of Steampunk Spycraft.

In the steampunk era before World War One, the great criminal foe was not just the “Apache” gangs of thieves in Paris, or Jack the Ripper, or even a sinister mastermind like Adam Worth (the American-born model for Professor Moriarty). No, the Big Edwardian Bad was the anarchist movement of bombers, assassins, and subversives, lurking everywhere decent folk wouldn’t go and planning the overthrow of everything orderly and rational.

As one might expect from anarchism, the truth is considerably less clear, and not particularly well-ordered. Some anarchists were pacifists, some were freedom fighters, some were communists, some were libertarians, some were pamphleteers who sponsored criminals, and a good number of anarchists (it turned out) were police spies. In other words, you can have anarchist Good Guys like Emma Goldman (who had a lot of violent friends, but stuck to “propaganda of the word”) and anarchist Iffy Guys like Max Stirner (who believed that no human rights outweighed the use of force), and anarchist Bad Guys like “Ravachol,” the celebrity dynamiter guillotined in 1892, or Emile Henri, the classic trust-fund agitator who tossed a bomb into the Café Terminus in Paris in 1894.

But the bottom line is this: lots of anarchists blew up a lot of stuff and killed a lot of people. Anarchist bombing campaigns targeted Paris, London, St. Petersburg, Barcelona, New York, and elsewhere. Anarchist assassins killed Tsar Alexander II, President Carnot of France, two Spanish prime ministers, Empress Elisabeth of Austria-Hungary, King Umberto I of Italy, King Carlos I of Portugal, King George I of Greece, Prime Minister Stolypin of Russia, and President William McKinley, along with scores of governors, judges, and police officials. This was called the “propaganda of the deed.” Between 1914 and 1920, the anarchist Luigi Galleani and his followers set off bombs in New York, Boston, San Francisco, Pittsburgh, Milwaukee, Washington D.C., Philadelphia, Cleveland, and New York again. (A 1919 bombing almost killed Franklin D. Roosevelt.) A Galleanist poisoned the soup of the Archbishop of Chicago and 100 of his guests in 1916. (A quick-thinking doctor administered an emetic; nobody died.) The Wall Street bombing of 1920 killed 38 people and wounded 400. So perhaps a little fictional demonization is not entirely out of line.

Stöd nu, imorgon är det försent!

Anders & Tove

Fenix

Warrior

Sista timmen! Vi har nu passerat $14 000 och lagt till Un-Made Men till Volym 3. Nästa delmål år Master Your Stule av Tomas Alvin för volym 1. Om vi kommer upp i €15 000 kommer även The Devils Ship att läggas till i volym 2 såväl som en extraartikel till bonuspdfen.

Master Your Style –Tomas Allvin on how to identify and control your Gamemaster style, giving you the opportunity to break old habits and surprise your players.
Stöd nu,mindre än en timme kvar!

Anders & Tove

Fenix

Warrior

10 minuter kvar!

We have now unlocked Master Your Style by Tomas Alvin for Volume 1. The next stretch goal is The Devils Ship by Kenneth Hite to Volume 2 as well as a new bonus article to the pdf.

The Devil’s Ship –Kenneth Hite’s campaign material is suitable for any game of modern horror. The Devil’s ship is a strange, but yet eerily familiar and with a cargo of sins.

“From the mastheads to keel
She's a vessel surreal
It's one hell of a trip
On the black devil ship, aye!”

-- Iron Mask, “The Black Devil Ship”

The waves surge, lightning breaks. Winds blow hard from the icy north, or hot from the tropic south. Lit by balefire, it crests the surf and rides down into the rollers, sheets snapping in the storm. Only the Devil’s ship could survive this night, as it has survived every night like this for centuries. If your ship sees it, your ship will wreck. If you hear a hail or a crackling radio message from its crew, you will die at sea maddened by the dark knowledge you were granted. The steel of the ship’s hull seems to steam under the lashing rain, as though the rivets were red-hot. Sonar and radar go mad, as though the ship was never there or loomed vastly, the size of an island.

They say that at night, if you sell your soul in the right way, mark it in the correct ledger or click the right box on the nameless website, you will receive a bill of lading. Your drayage is paid, or more likely you must sell everything you value to reclaim it. Because that bill lets you onto the docks where a twenty-foot steel box waits holding your heart’s darkest desire. Or perhaps the box shows up in a vacant lot, delivered by a black Peterbilt truck that unhitches and drives away before you can see the driver. But you know where the box is – and you must kill to make sure nobody can take it from you. Anything you want is in that box. Everything you want is in that box.

Stöd nu!

Anders & Tove