Nekromanti Various newbie questions

Nirbulas

Veteran
2. I usually read the descriptions in Spelledarens guide to find out what climate the herb usually grows in and adjust the difficulty of finding it depending on whether it matches the climate where the player characters are.

4. I think the religion book is all right. It provides important dates of worship for religious pc's, and information about a lot of different religions. The descriptions it does give on each religion are a bit too short though and maybe some of the smaller sects could have been left out of the book to allow for more information on some of the more widespread religions.

6. It depends on the monster I suppose. A regular pig-farmer in Mundana most likely won't encounter any trolls or reanimated skeletons in his lifetime. People who live and work close to the forest might encounter a skogstroll if they are lucky/unlucky or a hyggelmonster/hygglobeast. The Higher dragons are extremely rare and powerful. The lower dragons are sometimes used as mounts and pets, when they don't bite your face off. Trolls, undead, demons and other monstrosities show up in quite a few of the published adventures.

runequester

Swordsman
A few more questions if you don't mind (Yes, I know, they never end!)

A: From what I am understanding, D&D style "half-breeds" aren't really a thing? I'm good with that (I never liked half-orcs and half-elves) but what about romance between species? (say, human and a dwarf, whatever) Accepted? Frowned upon?
I assume it depends on where you go of course, but any general pointers?

B: Is it a general function of Daak-worshippers that they view magic as evil or is that a Jargiska empire thing ?

f.x. Consaber is largely Daak in religion, would they view magic as dimly as the empire ?

C:
On the big map here https://fablr.co/asset/image/mundana-extra.jpg

in the north, there's a bunch of places marked in red "Krigets hord", "Reptilens hord" etc.
I gather these are hordes of some kind but hordes of what? Tirak? Barbarians? Something else?

Nirbulas

Veteran
A. Elves and humans can have babies, but they will either be born as a 100 % elf or as a 100 % human, with some visual characteristics from the other parent perhaps. Tiraker could consider having a human partner since tiraker and humans share the same "erotic scent" and there is an example of a human scholar from Asharien living in a romantic relationship with a tirak woman. In Damarien relationships between humans and other species are outlawed, but I think it shouldn't be much of a problem in most other countries.

B. It's mostly a Jargien thing. Consaber, Damarien and Drunok are Daak-worshipping countries where a magic-user could live in relative peace as long as a stray inquisitor doesn't show up.

C. Those are Rauner, human nomads that sometimes raid the civilized countries to the south. They are great with horses, but among some of the hordes they use horndrakar (rather big dragon creatures that unfortunately find horses delicious) as a mount.

LordTengel

Swordsman
As always, great answers from Nirbulas. :) Just a few things to add/clarify regarding interspecies romance and offspring: the word "half-elf" might be used by the people of Mundana about someone of human and elven descent, but the thing that determines which species the half-elf truly belong to is whether or not s/he has inherited the elven Curse and all it entails - long life, the piercing elven gaze, and so on. As far as is currently known, elves and humans are the only species that can actually interbreed.

Regarding Damarien and its laws against interspecies relationships, it's worth noting that elves are considered (borderline) demons by most people in Damarien, and it's a very xenophobic culture.

runequester

Swordsman
Appreciate it guys.

I just got the Geografica book in the mail, along with the "Monster i Mundana" book,so I am eagerly digging into those.

The big question is what to get next, since almost everything looks pretty tempting.