Eon One shot

Zeedox

Hero
I can give some heads up
My players have loved the character creation. I have to say it requires some dedication but it is a lot of fun. Quoting one of my players:
"Truly, the character creation system is the best I have ever tried"

One concern arose though. We created a mage character. From the archetype he gets 4 mysteris, from the options from the archetype he choose to know 2 more mysteries (and has access to learn 2 more in the future) and from a result in the Kunskap & mysterier table he got 4 extra mysteries. This is a total of 10 mysteries, with each mystery containing 3 spells, it amounts for a total of 30 starting spells!! I find this a crazy amount of options for a starting character. The player is going to need many sessions to be able to get used to so much choice.

Have we done something wrong?
No, we played a mage-only campaign a couple of years ago and the amount of spells can become overwhelming.

I actually made myself a mini app just to track and remember mine!

I really recommend either 1) allowing them to pick a few now, a few later, to not be totally overwhelmed from the beginning, and 2) the player to write down a 1-line summary of each spell so they remeber what they have more easily.

I can give some heads up
My players have loved the character creation. I have to say it requires some dedication but it is a lot of fun. Quoting one of my players:

One concern arose though. We created a mage character. From the archetype he gets 4 mysteris, from the options from the archetype he choose to know 2 more mysteries (and has access to learn 2 more in the future) and from a result in the Kunskap & mysterier table he got 4 extra mysteries. This is a total of 10 mysteries, with each mystery containing 3 spells, it amounts for a total of 30 starting spells!! I find this a crazy amount of options for a starting character. The player is going to need many sessions to be able to get used to so much choice.

Yeah I would let the player go back and change his option choice from archetype. 8 mysteries is mote than enough

jensofsweden

Stjärnmagiker
I can give some heads up

You haven't done anything wrong, it is a bit of a "bug" in the system in the 4th edition (which we have sought to fix in the upcoming 5th edition). It might be too late to do anything about it now, but some fairly easy ways to reduce the number of mysteries would be to:
  • Go back to the archetype and have the player select another option (-2 Mysteries)
  • Allow the player to convert X Mysteries into X*2 Mystic Skill Points (-X Mysteries)

Yahuna

Veteran
You haven't done anything wrong, it is a bit of a "bug" in the system in the 4th edition (which we have sought to fix in the upcoming 5th edition). It might be too late to do anything about it now, but some fairly easy ways to reduce the number of mysteries would be to:
  • Go back to the archetype and have the player select another option (-2 Mysteries)
  • Allow the player to convert X Mysteries into X*2 Mystic Skill Points (-X Mysteries)
Thx for the tip, we’ll do it!

If I don’t ask you, I’ll explode! Any plans to translate Eon V to english? 😊

jensofsweden

Stjärnmagiker
Thx for the tip, we’ll do it!

If I don’t ask you, I’ll explode! Any plans to translate Eon V to english? 😊
An English edition of E5 is certainly something that I, and a few of the other writers, would love to see for entirely selfish reasons as we are based abroad and/or have international gaming groups – so an English edition would make our lives a lot easier haha. That said, we are only working on a Swedish edition (at present) and I'm not sure if English editions are on the agenda (those decisions are way above our pay grades ^^*)

Yahuna

Veteran
An English edition of E5 is certainly something that I, and a few of the other writers, would love to see for entirely selfish reasons as we are based abroad and/or have international gaming groups – so an English edition would make our lives a lot easier haha. That said, we are only working on a Swedish edition (at present) and I'm not sure if English editions are on the agenda (those decisions are way above our pay grades ^^*)
I see.

Then I guess I have to choose between keep paying my 280€/year deepL subscription to translate the pdfs, or enrole Swedish lessons 😂