Eon One shot

Yahuna

Veteran
Hi gang!

I have finished my translation to english of the Eon IV corebook. I am planing to introduce the system to my players with an one shot session.

Could you recommend to me a good one shot for Eon IV? Be it a Eon IV specific scenario or for another system,

thx

Daniel

Swordsman
I really liked "Regnsynd" from Eon III, which I used as the introduction for a group of total newcomers not only to Eon but to roleplaying. It was a success.

You have an isolated village with a supposed curse, where you can either keep it really grounded and dirty with only the wolves of the woods and perhaps a forest troll as the battle opponents or the choice of advancing to something more ghostly or demonic.

Also very cool setting and story if you're inclined towards medieval folk horror vibes, which is my cup of tea.

Thalaski

Hjälpsam dvärgamagiker
In *Troll och vättar" there is an adventure that's perfect for a one shot "Vito Chaseres sista färd" /"The last journey of Vito Chasere". I've played it twice with two different groups, in about 4 hours each.

Thalaski

Hjälpsam dvärgamagiker
And as Daniel wrote "Regnsynd" ("Rain sin/Sinners rain") is a good first adventure as well. But it requires some conversion for Eon IV. If you want it, I can share some converted Stat blocks for NPCs.

I'd say that this scenario is a bit long for a one shot. I took us about ten 2h-3h sittings to finish.

Last edited:

Zeedox

Hero
Jag som har tänkt på att jag verkligen borde skriva om den där, nu när jag spellett den för främlingar och lärt mig något av det.
Chans att göra det på engelska. ;)

Nej, men jag har läst andra äventyr i mina dagar som varit avsevärt oklarare, och detta lyfter ju in flera saker från Eon IVs moderna lore som intressanta plot-element (inkvisitorer, magiker, hemliga sällskap, kulturfestivaler). Och går att lösa både med fajt eller intrig.

Yahuna

Veteran
Hi!

Thank you all for the suggestions! The game is scheduled for the 25 of February, so I have plenty of time to prepare it.
I don't plan to do any session 0 to make characters, so any premades you have are also welcome!

Thx

Zeedox

Hero
Hi!

Thank you all for the suggestions! The game is scheduled for the 25 of February, so I have plenty of time to prepare it.
I don't plan to do any session 0 to make characters, so any premades you have are also welcome!

Thx
Getting a chance to drop old player characters is too fun to miss. :D

Lucius Pilandra
Lucius Pilandra is a man in his late 30s to early 40s with dark brown, semi-short hair and long sideburns. His face is sprinkled with freckles, giving him a charming expression. He is slender but has well-built arms. He often sports practical clothing suitable for his role as Cargomaster, but with an elegant touch, such as his stylish jacket. Inspiration: Corto Maltese.

Character Traits / Karaktärsdrag: Lust, Tro

Attribut
4T6 Förflyttning
2T6+1 Intryck
4T6 Kroppsbyggnad
3T6+3 Reaktion
3T6+3 Självkontroll
3T6+3 Vaksamhet
3T6 Grundskada
3T6+3 Livskraft

Färdigheter
5T6 Vissla
5T6 Handel
4T6 Teologi (Lättlärd)
4T6 Skumraskaffärer
4T6 Perversiteter
4T6 Ledarskap
4T6 Instrumentbyggare
4T6 Genomskåda (Lättlärd)
4T6 Hoppa (Lättlärd)
4T6 Dupera
4T6 Charm
4T6 Behaga
4T6 Astrologi
4T6+3 Charmiga Fräknar
4T6+2 Läppläsning
3T6 Spel & dobbel
3T6 Simma (Lättlärdg)
3T6 Klättra
3T6 Slagsmål
3T6 Sång & musik
3T6 Klubba
3T6 Kanalisera
3T6 Injaga fruktan
3T6 Berättarkonst
3T6 Argumentera
2T6+3 Kulturkännedom
2T6 Sjömannaskap

Zeedox

Hero
Nox Tiberum Arcadis
Raised as an orphan in a cult of the god of death, Dibuk, Nox was later adopted into the rich and powerful Arcadis family. They his considerable magical talent and saw him as a potential useful tool. This act caused some internal strife in the wider family, which was only exacerbated when Nox's sister "dissapeared" one day without a trace. He is a young, brooding man with much anger towards the world, and easily provoked into rage if anyone even slightly questions his nobleness.

Inspiration: Anakin Skywalker / Incels / Conspiracy theorists on internet forums

Karaktärsdrag / Character Traits: Svartsjuka / Jealousy, Makt / Power

Attribut
Grundskada 3T6
Grundrustning 4

Färdigheter
5T6+1 Kosmotropi
4T6+1 Slagsmål
4T6+1 Smyga
4T6 Skumraskaffärer
4T6 Låsdyrkning
4T6 Hovintriger
4T6 God Hörsel
4T6 Förnimma
4T6 Dolk
4T6 Ceremoni
3T6+1 Handel
3T6+1 Dupera
3T6+1 Vildmarksvana
3T6 Teoretisk magi
3T6 Sång & musik
3T6 Svärd
3T6 Poesi
3T6 Ockultism
3T6 Harmonisera
3T6 Gömma
3T6 Genomskåda
3T6 Fingerfärdighet
3T6 Astrologi
2T6+2 Hovliv
2T6+3 Chiffer
2T6+2 Geografi
2T6+1 Historia
2T6+1 Kulturkännedom
2T6 Jakt & Fiske
2T6 Filosofi

Talar & Skriver: Jargiska, Muhadinska

Magiska Mysterier

EffectMysterieBoksamling
Manifestation of Darkness and DarksightMysteriet för mörkrets vägledningCodex Ēthar Megandvîpam
Erase objects from existanceMysteriet för tomrummets kraftCodex Ēthar Megandvîpam̦
Making oneself escape like a liquid, gas, or simply appearing elsewhereFlyktighetens mysteriumDe västerländska eterskrifterna, Ezêm Shado
Control shadowsDe skugghöljdas mysteriumDe västerländska eterskrifterna, Anrayembeh

Utrustning
Låsdyrkar.

Vapen & Rustning
TypFärdighet
Dolk4T6
Glada3T6
Spada3T6
TypOmråde
Järnmask1
Barbuta1–2
Armskenor9–10 13–14
Benskena19–20 23–24
Lång fjällskjorta4-14 17-18

Yahuna

Veteran
In *Troll och vättar" there is an adventure that's perfect for a one shot "Vito Chaseres sista färd" /"The last journey of Vito Chasere". I've played it twice with two different groups, in about 4 hours each.
Finally, I will be running this scenario this Sunday.

I wanted to ask, I will have a party of 5 players. In case there would be combat, shall I increase the number of some of the NPC groups, such as the goblin hunting party, the Eyrenkrigarna or the bounty hunters?

Last edited:

Svarte Faraonen

Oenofil oikofob

I wanted to ask, I will have a party of 5 players. In case there would be combat, shall I increase the number of some of the NPC groups, such as the goblin hunting party, the Eyrenkrigarna or the bounty hunters?
I’d probably prefer to give them other tactical advantages – high ground, ambushes, etc. But if you have a group of combat-oriented characters, it might be necessary to increase their numbers a bit. However, it’s also a scenario that can be played without that much combat. The goblins and the bounty hunters aren’t interested in fighting to the death, and the Eyren warriors are quite easy to manipulate by appealing to their sense of honour. The spider troll is probably the most aggressive antagonist, so avoiding combat with him requires some sneaking.

Thalaski

Hjälpsam dvärgamagiker

I concur with @Svarte Faraonen, use the tactics. Early range attacks does a lot.

My groups have only gotten into fights with the Eyren and the troll. Both times the troll has been able to cripple two characters of the party before they've even realized what happened

Svarte Faraonen

Oenofil oikofob
I concur with @Svarte Faraonen, use the tactics. Early range attacks does a lot.

My groups have only gotten into fights with the Eyren and the troll. Both times the troll has been able to cripple two characters of the party before they've even realized what happened
The lassos of the Eyren were pretty dangerous during the playtesting, with characters getting trussed up and attacked. And characters who rush into the den of the troll without taking care are quite likely to take a serious beating. I rarely write adventures where brute force is the most viable option.

Yahuna

Veteran
Hope to hear an after action report!
I can give some heads up
My players have loved the character creation. I have to say it requires some dedication but it is a lot of fun. Quoting one of my players:
"Truly, the character creation system is the best I have ever tried"

One concern arose though. We created a mage character. From the archetype he gets 4 mysteris, from the options from the archetype he choose to know 2 more mysteries (and has access to learn 2 more in the future) and from a result in the Kunskap & mysterier table he got 4 extra mysteries. This is a total of 10 mysteries, with each mystery containing 3 spells, it amounts for a total of 30 starting spells!! I find this a crazy amount of options for a starting character. The player is going to need many sessions to be able to get used to so much choice.

Have we done something wrong?