Moldvay eller Mentzer?

Theo

Hero
Men ja, Mentzer är ju inget man kan referera till undertiden man spelar om man inte har nerver av titan och microdoserat diverse regelbundet och länge.
Iaf den svenska utgåvan av Basic vill jag minnas hade ett löstagbart referenshäfte med lite tabeller och grejor.

Och så småningom kom ju Rules Cyclopedia, som väl var en reaktion på just överskådlighetsproblematiken.

Dante

Bäst i Sverige på rollspel
Staff member
Jag föredrar Norman. Dvs. Moldvay B/X fast bättre organiserat och layoutat.

Eller, som spelet faktiskt heter: Old-School Essentials.

Dante

Bäst i Sverige på rollspel
Staff member
Exakt samma, eller moddat i någon mån?
Med Gavin Normans egna ord:

“The original Basic/Expert rules are not devoid of ambiguities: some rules are incomplete, some rules are described in a way that could be interpreted in multiple different ways, and some rules even contain contradictions.

With the aim of increasing the playability of the game, I decided to iron out such ambiguities in the rules. In doing so, I was careful to cleave as closely as possible to what I interpreted as the intent of the original rules. Other interpretations of the rules—and other resolutions of the areas of contradiction— are certainly possible, though.

Note that I did not attempt to elaborate upon vague or ambiguous spell descriptions, magic item powers, or monster abilities. Vagaries in such areas are a cherished feature of the Basic/Expert rules and each referee must make their own rulings as required.”