Lovord för förstautgåvor

Leon

Leo carcion
Sen ska man ju inte sticka under stol med att GW i alla år handskats väldigt oansvarigt med fascismen i fr a 40K. Det är inte bara så enkelt som att folk "inte fattat att det är satir".

Edit: se den här, för all del långa och allt annat än opartiska, artikeln för ett mer ingående resonemang kring det.
Satire Without Purpose Will Wander in Dark Places
Fan vilken bra och deprimerande artikel

Jag försöker fortfarande bestämma mig för om det här innebär att jag absolut måste/inte kan köpa WH40K: Rogue Trader 1987 reprinten...

JohanL

Myrmidon
Jag försöker fortfarande bestämma mig för om det här innebär att jag absolut måste/inte kan köpa WH40K: Rogue Trader 1987 reprinten...
Den här beskrivningen är jättebra:

'Launched under the presumably-compromise title of Warhammer 40,000: Rogue Trader, the original book is a wonderful piece of 80’s science fiction nostalgia, a 290-page love letter to a thousand different ideas that had caught Priestley’s imagination. To flip through it today is to be subjected to a sensory assault not unlike a brief trip through the Empyrean itself — rules and lore all smashed together into dense unstructured walls of text, unnecessarily-detailed random generator tables on every other page, aesthetically incoherent (and often deliberately comedic) artwork, and a throw-it-at-the-wall-and-see-what-sticks attitude to setting development that Priestley himself would later look back on and candidly summarise as “I just sort of bunged all the ideas I could think of into it”.'

JohanL

Myrmidon
Också apropå artikeln: Inq28 står väl i typ samma förhållande till WH40K: Rogue Trader som OSR till tidiga versioner av D&D?

Leon

Leo carcion
Den här beskrivningen är jättebra:

'Launched under the presumably-compromise title of Warhammer 40,000: Rogue Trader, the original book is a wonderful piece of 80’s science fiction nostalgia, a 290-page love letter to a thousand different ideas that had caught Priestley’s imagination. To flip through it today is to be subjected to a sensory assault not unlike a brief trip through the Empyrean itself — rules and lore all smashed together into dense unstructured walls of text, unnecessarily-detailed random generator tables on every other page, aesthetically incoherent (and often deliberately comedic) artwork, and a throw-it-at-the-wall-and-see-what-sticks attitude to setting development that Priestley himself would later look back on and candidly summarise as “I just sort of bunged all the ideas I could think of into it”.'
Äh vafan vem försökte jag lura

God45

#PrayersForBahakan
Också apropå artikeln: Inq28 står väl i typ samma förhållande till WH40K: Rogue Trader som OSR till tidiga versioner av D&D?
Ja. Det är superintressant för det är ett ännu större fokus på estetik över allt annat!

Har ni inte läst 28 Magasine så gör det. Det är gratis och fyllt med vackra saker: https://28-mag.com/

JohanL

Myrmidon
Och vi har ett ypperligt svenskt figurspel som stöder det i form av F28 (det lyckas med att vara både mycket snabbare och mycket bättre än någonsin 40K).

Full disclosure: Jag gör QA för det.