Nekromanti Intresse för MADCorp i Malmö/Lund?

Wilmer

Hero
Hej! Jag tänker sätta ihop en spelgrupp för MADCorp och liknande rollspel i Malmö/Lund-området.

MADCorp handlar om utforskande. Det handlar om dungeoncrawling, att som en grupp desperata individer bege sig till en otroligt ogästvänlig plats och med list, mod och tur komma hem med både liv och loot. Stämningen Mad Max blandat med Pulp Fiction och House of Leaves.

Svara eller skicka ett PM om du är intresserad eller bara undrar vad fan det handlar om!

Camassia

Veteran
Hej! Bor i Malmö och nyfiken blir man allt, men jo tack förklara gärna lite mera? :gremsmile: Kan jag som nybörjare ändå hänga på eller hur funkar det?

Wilmer

Hero
MADCorp är sprillans nytt och i testfasen så det blir svårt att -inte- vara nybörjare :gremwink:

Spelets egen introduktion:

YOU WORK FOR MADCORP

That’s the Mercantile Advance Dungeoneering Corporation. They own your balls (and/or ovaries).

Why’s that, you ask? Because it’s the only place you can get an honest job. That’s using the term honest
pretty loosely, but what I mean is that it’s the only way you can make steady money without winding up in jail.

See, you’re what the rest of society calls either an undesirable or useless. Your choices were starvation, a life of crime, or MADcorp. Lucky for you, MADcorp also lets you, uh, scratch certain itches that you wouldn’t be able to take care of normally.

SO HERE’S THE THING

The world got weird. Don’t bother asking how, because it ain’t directly relevant, and also because people don’t
talk about it.

Now, for the most part, things still carry on pretty much like they did; they just look a little weirder. The
biggest change is that organized industry is a thing of the past. What we’ve got now is cottage industry all over again. The big money isn’t in producing; it’s in being able to buy up and move product for maximum profit.

There’s definitely been some fraying around the edges. For a pertinent example, plenty of old
skyscrapers, malls, houses, factories, mines, and other structures (and even entire towns) have been left empty,
since there’s not as many people as there used to be. When you get into these places that have been abandoned
since the weirdness, things operate according to their own whims, with little to no regard for reason, purpose, or nature.

Folks call these places dungeons. Don’t ask why, because there’s no percentage in doing so; folks call
lots of things by strange names, and good luck finding out why. Dungeons are dangerous places, as you might
guess. You go in, and you’re liable to not come out. You could say that they eat people. Hell, sometimes you
even find monsters inside, and they really do eat people.

But here’s the catch. There’s more than danger in the dungeons. There’s also untold riches. More than
was left there in the first place, which is odd to be sure, but, once you’ve been in a dungeon, you’ll see that relatively speaking it ain’t so odd. As to why it’s there, that’s anyone’s guess. Given how random these places get, could be it’s just an application of that same random principle. Or maybe it’s bait. Whatever. Point is, there’s gold in them thar hills.

Enter MADcorp, and other companies like it. Given that the real money is in providing product rather than making it yourself, it’s obviously advantageous for the canny corporation to eliminate money-grubbing producers from their business model entirely. There’s plenty of dungeons to get the stuff from, and plenty of crazy sons-of-a-bitches just like you: a workforce large enough to make dungeoneering a viable arena for business. Economic pressures pushed legislation through to make dungeoneering and all the fucked up shit that
happens during dungeoneering into a legal enterprise – as far as the law is concerned, what happens in the
dungeon stays in the dungeon. As a result, crime and unemployment rates have declined, the stock market is on
the rise, and a large number of persons unfit for more constructive roles in society have met grisly yet legal
deaths in the dungeons. The skilled manufacturers even have a new market in outfitting the dungeoneers. So, everybody wins.

MADcorp mainly makes its money by exploring dungeons and selling the valuables found therein. Sometimes they supplement this income by taking on private contracts, typically of a mercenary or at least shady aspect. Loopholes and a metric ton of lawyers make it possible for MADcorp to receive payment for even the most criminal of privately contracted operations, with the corporation itself indemnified (although they’re obligated to take “disciplinary measures,” whatever those are, against employees who behave like rabid
gorillas).

Like I said, the world got weird. But there’s mad cash to be made as a result, so get to it!
Spelets flow är att spelarna skapar anställda, framslumpade (man kan spendera hiring points ifall man vill ha en specific klass) från 24 olika klasser med väldigt olika skills och sedan väljer utifrån ett par olika dungeons spelledaren har gjort vilken man vill utforska (några exempel på dungeons: ett rostande lastfartyg som ligger i hamnen, ett tunnelbanesystem, en spökande biograf eller en igenvuxen park). Målet är att gå med vinst, dvs få med sig så mycket loot som möjligt ut ur dungeonen. Ju långsammare man utforskar desto säkrare är det men ju mer tid man spenderar i dungeonen desto farligare monster kan dyka upp. Det finns inget "nu spöade ni bossen och hittade skatten" utan spelarna väljer själva när de vill dra sig tillbaks, det är spelledarens jobb att göra det roligt och riskabelt att ta sig djupt in i dungeonen.

I stort sett så får man slumpade och magra resurser och ska genom kreativitet och strategi lyckas så bra som möjligt.

Om du vill kan jag maila pdferna, de är dåligt layoutade just nu men jag har koll på reglerna och lär mig lätt :gremsmile: Reglerna är inte så tunga som de ser ut vid första ögonkastet.

Camassia

Veteran
Okej, verkar ju värt att testa fast det är helt nytt :gremsmile: Men problemet är när jag säger att jag e nybörjare menar jag verkligen nybörjare... här har du en tjej som aldrig spelat seriöst med rollspel :gremtongue: så vet inte om det kanske blir för komplicerat för mig iaf

Wilmer

Hero
Nybörjare är inget problem (men ett ansvar att inte skrämma bort dig från hobbyn :gremwink: ). Jag får se om det blir tillräckligt med spelare, minst 3 och max 5 gäller för mig (fler än 5 så blir det väldigt lite screen time per spelare och färre än 3 så blir det för lite spelare-spelare interaktion imo).

Wilmer

Hero
Bobby Magikern (som jag spelar med annars) har också uttryckt intresse så då kan jag förhoppningsvis få med resten av min gamla grupp. I värsta fall har jag en kompis och hans flickvän som flyttar ner i slutet av augusti som vill spela.

Btw det vore bra att ha en fika eller något innan så att jag ser att du är en vettig människa också, det blir jobbigt om det blir personlighetsproblem när man väl börjat spela.

Camassia

Veteran
Jo det är inte en så dum idé :gremsmile: Kanske man kunde passa på och få förklarat av en kunnig människa hur rollspel verkligen går till på fikan? För du om någon borde väl kunna avgöra om det helt enkelt inte är min grej i slutändan, och så slipper du det problemet till om ni väl börjar spela :gremwink: