Nekromanti Greetings

Dimon

Veteran
So, hello everyone. I'm new here and just to make it clear why I write in english - I'm fully swedish tho I have been role playing, writing and talking in english for almost 3 years straight with my overseas friends so it sort of stuck. Prefer english above swedish so I hope this wont be an issue haha. Anyways, new here so hello everyone. Thought I could find some fellow swedes to role play with in the future since I recently got into D&D.

I grew up with Warhammer but I never got into the playing aspect of it, mainly assembly and painting that got me hooked and now many years later I started again so I have armies/figures around the apartment which I thought I could use for D&D. I'm used to role play within MMO's hence overseas friends, mainly on SWTOR (Star Wars: The Old Republic) since I'm a huge star wars fan. Star Wars and Warhammer are the main things that I love to follow and take inspiration from. Currently working on some crafting for D&D with a Warhammer Lizardmen army which I plan on using for a campaign. I'm a noob when if comes to D&D but I'm learning as it goes and hope to see more of it from people nearby. Is there anything I love more than crafting it's roleplaying and storytelling.

I live in Skåne and been trying to find other people who are into D&D to some degree, noob like me or someone who knows everything. I will post in the Dungeons & Dragons about what I have currently and what I working on to get. I'm the kind of guy that likes to think big.. Sometimes too big hah.

Genesis

Ni dés ni maître
Vänta, så du bor I Sverige, är född I Sverige och postar på ett svenskt forum på engelska? Öh ... För mig är det definitivt en "issue", men vi kanske inte kommer att delta så mycket i samma diskussioner I alla fall, då vi verkar spela olika spel. Men det känns onödigt exkluderande om du nu kan svenska. Och om din svenska är rostig är det ju ett bra tillfälle att öva!

Men välkommen I alla fall. Hoppas att du kommer att trivas!

Dimon

Veteran
Genesis;n101409 said:
Vänta, så du bor I Sverige, är född I Sverige och postar på ett svenskt forum på engelska? Öh ... För mig är det definitivt en "issue", men vi kanske inte kommer att delta så mycket i samma diskussioner I alla fall, då vi verkar spela olika spel. Men det känns onödigt exkluderande om du nu kan svenska. Och om din svenska är rostig är det ju ett bra tillfälle att öva!

Men välkommen I alla fall. Hoppas att du kommer att trivas!
Yepp, I'm afraid so.. Felt quite stupid at first but so be it. I'm just so used to english it comes naturally before my swedish - fear not I use it mainly IRL. Couldn't find another forum to look for local people.. I'm so used to role play with people overseas and talk with friends on teamspeak on a daily basis.. May be very unnecessary sure, just.. see it as a severe case of catching an accent but with a language instead. If it bothers people so much I will do my best to express myself in swedish haha.:)

anth

Vetefan
De flesta här behärskar ju engelska så jag tror inte att någon bryr sig vilket språk du skriver på.

De flesta här spelar bordsrollspel och brukar sätta likhetstecken mellan det och rollspel.
Vissa av oss kör lajv, samberättarspel, forumsrollspel och andra konstiga saker och kallar det rollspel.
Många av oss spelar MMORPG, men vi brukar inte kalla det för rollspel, utan för datorspel. :)

Oavsett vad du spelat tidigare eller vilket språk du skriver på är du hjärtligt välkommen till bordsrollspelens värld.
Själv bor jag i Stockholm så jag kan inte hjälpa dig med spelare, men det borde finnas en och annan skåning här på forumet.
Ett tips är att du även skriver att du söker spelare i "Evenamang och kontakt"-underforumet.

Mutanten

Hero
Dimon;n101369 said:
I'm fully swedish tho I have been role playing, writing and talking in english for almost 3 years straight with my overseas friends so it sort of stuck.
You're not alone. It did also happen to the Swedish actress Victoria Silvstedt. She totally lost her Swedish language after a couple of year in the US. Since then she always speaks Swedish with an American accent.

EDIT: Jag vill bara förtydliga att min kommentar är ett skämt. Kommentaren här ovanför alltså. Inte den här.

Genesis

Ni dés ni maître
anth;n101432 said:
De flesta här behärskar ju engelska så jag tror inte att någon bryr sig vilket språk du skriver på.
Nä, det är ju sant. Rollspelskretsar är ofta rätt anglofila. :) Jag blir väldigt irriterad, men det är mitt problem, och det finns ju en ignorera-funktion. Så Dimon, skriv du på engelska om du vill. I värsta fall blir det en färre som läser dina inlägg.

Ape of Wrath

DOWN WE GO
Jag har en kompis som är helt och fullt svensk och det är också hans bror men eftersom de under sin uppväxt bodde och gick i skola utomlands så konverserar de uteslutande på engelska nuförtiden.

Det var en jätteissue för mig och jag hade svårt att handskas med det men det gick över rätt snabbt.

Anyways, welcome to the forum and hope du hittar friends to spela with!

Leon

Leo carcion
Mutanten;n101455 said:
You're not alone. It did also happen to the Swedish actress Victoria Silvstedt. She totally lost her Swedish language after a couple of year in the US. Since then she always speaks Swedish with an American accent.
Inte för att försvara Victoria Silvstedt, men blir lite rostig ganska snabbt. Bor själv utomlands, i huvudsak i storbritannien, sedan 2008 - och märker hur jag tappar ord och uttryck. Men, sorry Dimon, skulle inte falla mig in att posta på engelska här. Det är (för mig) lite konstigt.

Kim Eriksson

Veteran
Hi there!

... and welcome to this particular FORUM where the most read their literature in english (referring to my own groups of; D&D-, Trail of Cthulhu- & Shadowrun-players in here and not (NOT) verybody in general), while having their discussions made in swedish, only to return to english when a scene from a book is read out loud while in a roleplaying session. Myself, I´ve been studying for a couple of years and at the school everybody speaks (and writes) in english because there are visitors/foreign student all over the place, not into swedish and with no reason to learn it either; as they´re going back after the graduation; so it would be rude otherwise (i.e. talking/writing in our native tongue).

Anyway, enough of the language-dividering (lite swengelska): Write/skriv in/på whatever/vilket language/språk you/du want/vill ... There´s always Google Translate, e.g. many students use it all the time.

You said your in Skaune - the forsaken strip of land at the end of the country as a oversea friend put it nicely after a few to many drinks. Well, for now, I'm down under to. Used to live in Sthlm, where I grew up, but as it happend I accidentally moved here not long ago. Won´t go in-2 details ... Mainly to spare you (all) from the danger of boredom.

Have you played Shadowrun? I´m fresh to it; bought the Core Rule Book only a few days back - but it´s really good, as to my consideration. A little bit like a mix of Star Wars and D&D: High-tech (as in guns/vehicles/computers, etc.) in a elaborately executed combination including; magic, dragons, dwarfs, elfs, orcs, etc. (Yes, I do know that was a simplification of a magnificent game ...).

TTFN

// kim

God45

#PrayersForBahakan
Skåne is called Scania in English Kim! Not that I imagine that you care you northern colonialist!

But yeah, welcome to the forum Dimon! Where in Scania do you live? If you are close to Lund there are some people looking for players around here that I can Point you towards.

Oh, and you should check out the Facebook group for finding Groups in Scania :) https://www.facebook.com/groups/295724853788438/?ref=bookmarks

Mundo

Myrmidon
Lustigt nog lirar min spelgrupp i Eslöv (inte långt från Lund) och vi lirar enbart på Engelska, eftersom en av spelare är från nordirland ursprungligen. Dock lirar vi inte alls D&D eller Warhammer, sorry!

deusexmatteo

Warrior
Roligt att du är här! Vad är det för D&D du spelar, 5th edition (har ingen koll på det, tyvärr :() eller mer OSRiga saker? Vi spelar Whitehack för tillfället och det är baserat på första D&D

Dimon

Veteran
Kim Eriksson;n101501 said:
Hi there!
Have you played Shadowrun? I´m fresh to it; bought the Core Rule Book only a few days back - but it´s really good, as to my consideration. A little bit like a mix of Star Wars and D&D: High-tech (as in guns/vehicles/computers, etc.) in a elaborately executed combination including; magic, dragons, dwarfs, elfs, orcs, etc. (Yes, I do know that was a simplification of a magnificent game ...).

TTFN

// kim
I have heard of it but never played it myself no. Cyberpunk is a very interesting concept indeed so might put a thought to it in the future. But right now I will stick to raw fantasy if that makes sense haha. :)

God45;n101508 said:
Where in Scania do you live? If you are close to Lund there are some people looking for players around here that I can Point you towards.

Oh, and you should check out the Facebook group for finding Groups in Scania :) https://www.facebook.com/groups/295724853788438/?ref=bookmarks
I live in Sjöbo so rather close to Lund to be fair. 30-50 min away. I will check the group out and thanks.

Dimon

Veteran
mo.;n101616 said:
Roligt att du är här! Vad är det för D&D du spelar, 5th edition (har ingen koll på det, tyvärr :() eller mer OSRiga saker? Vi spelar Whitehack för tillfället och det är baserat på första D&D
5th Edition yeah, recently picked up the starter set and read through that then I have started to read the main books online before I can buy them. So no knowledge of the old edition, starting off with 5th edition - I do follow some people on youtube who either explain rules or play.