NYHET GRATTIS Alexandria.dk !

Henke

Avdankad Konventsarkeolog
Idag rapporterar Alexandrias grundare Peter Brodersen att websajten fyller 20 år! Här följer hans inlägg:

Alexandria turns 20 years old today!
I launched the site at March 1, 2003, with an announcement on the Danish website RPGForum.dk (which now has a spiritual successor as a Facebook group).
We started out with information about fewer than 2,000 scenarios and 1,000 persons. It would take more than three years to reach 3,000 scenarios and to feature scenarios for download at all.
Even nine more years would pass before we in 2015 reached 4,000 information about scenarios. In 2015 we also got regular editors to help out with the woes of a perpetual backlog as a result of being pretty much a one-person operation. This furthermore helped expand Alexandria beyond the borders of Denmark.
Today we have information for more than 13,000 scenarios, 8,000 persons from 2,000 conventions, as well as 2,000 scenarios for download. We have noted game runs and conventions from 26 different countries and game descriptions in 14 different languages.
I began the development of Alexandria in 2000. The project has been part of me for more than half of my life. And I would never have thought we would reach such figures. However, when I began collecting data in the development phase I never thought there would even be more than 1,000 scenarios at all. Of course, time is on our side for getting new content (and against us for preserving old folders and finding hard copies of ancient scenarios).
Thank you for everybody who has visited the site, helped with suggestions, created games, typed in content, helped as an editor, sent in corrections, organizing events or just being part of our community. Let's keep on playing.
Peter Brodersen,
Founder of Alexandria.dk

[Alexandria is non-commercial, run by volunteers, requires no sign-up, and all the content can be exported, downloaded and run offline. We have every intention of keeping information free and open for everyone.]