Nekromanti Dödsmatch: Hermione Granger vs. Jamie Lannister

ermine

Warrior
Vem skulle vinna i en strid mellan Hermione Granger och Jamie Lannister? Eller mellan Aragorn och The Wee free men? Eller Aslan och Eragon? Eller Polgara och Anita Blake? Eller Lyra Belacqua och Cthulhu? Eller Arthur Dent mot The Shrike från Hyperionböckerna?

Rösta här.

George R. R. Martin skrev förövrigt ett långt inlägg om varför Jamie Lannister skulle slå Hermione. Hans analys kan läsas vid deras match.

"Kaitlin Heller and David Pomerico—two obviously busy editors at Del Rey and Spectra—thought that it would be fun to take some time out of their schedules to speculate on who would win if the greatest fantasy and science fiction characters were put into a March Madness®-style bracket, and asked to duke it out.

"The answer, though, would be determined by the experts—namely, you.

"As readers, I’m sure you know many of these characters intimately. You know their strengths, you know their weaknesses. And most of all, you know that there’s no way in hell Drizzt Do’Urden would ever lose a sword fight with Hiro Protagonist…or would he?

"What Kaitlin and David did, then, is all the leg-work, culling through the tomes of science fiction and fantasy to put together a field of thirty-two worthy* combatants. They—as well as a number of dedicated members of the Del Rey, Spectra, and Suvudu teams—put together stat sheets, just in case someone wasn’t as familiar with the character as they ought to be (Yes, ought! And you call yourself nerds) to be.

"And then they ran extensive simulations** to see who would come out on top in these first rounds of match-ups. The results, in some circumstances, might surprise you. They definitely surprised us.

"But those were just simulations. It’s up to you readers to vote on who you think would win. It’s up to you to convince others you’re right. Think our analysis is wrong? Let us know. Clearly it’s you who are wrong, but we’ll humor you.

"At the end of the day, what matters is that two men (or women…or elves…or one elf and one “other”) are entering the ring starting Monday, and a few days later (voting for the Monday matches close Thursday; voting for the Wednesday closes Sunday), only one of them is leaving. And then the second round begins!

"So make your voice heard."

Arfert

Facit
Re: Dödsmatch: Hermione Granger vs. Jamie Lanniste

Ha ha, kul länk!!

Men är inte Jamie en stackare utan svärdshand? Han är kokt.

krank

Går ondskans ärenden

Arfert said:
Mjao, känns ju som att det finns viss "author bias" i den beskrivna striden. Inte som att Hermione gavs sin fulla arsenal, liksom.

Arfert

Facit

krank said:
Arfert said:
Mjao, känns ju som att det finns viss "author bias" i den beskrivna striden. Inte som att Hermione gavs sin fulla arsenal, liksom.
ja lite så.. hade nog vart mer ZAPP!! bara, annars.. :gremgrin:

ermine

Warrior
Dödsmatch: tredje omgången!

Dödsmatchen har hunnit fram till tredje omgången under forumets ombyggnation! G.R.R.M skrev ett inlägg igen (där han förklarade varför Jamie visst skulle slå Cthulhu) och Jamie lyckades faktiskt slå allas vårt tentakelmonster (med lite hjälp från Tyrion).

Den tredje omgången är:
Drizzt Do’Urden vs. Ged
Rand Al’Thor vs. Roland Deschain
Albus Dumbledore vs. Kvothe
Temeraire vs. Jamie Lannister

Verkar som om den här dödsmatchen blev en korvfest rätt snabbt...

ermine

Warrior
Dödsmatch: Rand Al'Thor vs. Jamie Lannister

Så, det är dags för final i dödsmatchen, och hör och häpna: den kommer stå mellan Jamie Lannister och Rand Al'Thor!

Hur skall Jamie ha någon som hellst chans mot Draken Återfödd? Martin funderade på det och lät Jamie officiellt utmana Rand på "Trial of Seven", en duellform från Westeros där båda kämparna får välja sex medkämpar att kämpa sida vid sida med. Rand (via Suvudus trollkarlar) svarade på utmaningen:

"Ser Lannister, you do not fool me with your ‘challenge’—nor do I feel challenged in any way by our upcoming match. I will meet on whatever field of battle you deem fit; it makes no difference to me. If you prefer for your people to be able to see your demise, I salute that. Bring as many of your warriors as you can muster—you need not even limit yourself to seven. As for me? I will be alone, comforted in the knowledge that I have nothing to fear from any you. I wish you well, Jaime. For soon you will be nothing but a name in The White Book, just as you are nothing but a man in golden armor.”
Läs mer om det hela på Martins blogg.