Nekromanti Ambarquenta

Krille

Super Moderator
Har någon kollat på Ambarquenta, ett independent-spelsystem för Midgård och Tolken i allmänhet?!
Tja, själva regelfilen var ju lösenordsskyddad, eftersom de hade kåppypejstad från andra regelsystem, så den har jag inte läst. Det intryck jag fick av deras sammanfattning var att... tja, det var ett helt normalt fantasyrollspel med alver, dvärgar, orcher, magi och inkompetenta rollpersoner.

Dante

Bäst i Sverige på rollspel
Staff member
Song of Arda ...

Nix pix, inte kollat in (eller känt till förrän nu).

Det bästa Sagan om ringen-spel jag sett är dock »Song of Arda« av en lirare som heter Josh Stella. Som han själv uttrycker saken:

Song of Arda – Design Goals said:
The Song of Arda is a Middle Earth role playing game which seeks to model the mythical and moral aspects of JRR Tolkien's stories such as The Lord of the Rings and The Silmarillion. The stories told in Middle Earth are myths, full of symbolism and characters rising to moral challenges. Despite this, Tolkien's world has often been interpreted as just another physical setting for games and I have always found these games to fall short.
Some of the questions that have arisen in my mind while playing other Middle Earth role-playing games are:

• How could Sam, a simple gardener, have defeated Shelob?
• If Gandalf could fly or perform other kinds of standard RPG magic, why did he not leave Orthanc on his own?
• Why did Gandalf need saving by the Eagles from the fix in the trees in The Hobbit?
• How could Frodo manage to carry the One Ring all the way through Mordor when other, mightier characters such as Boromir fell to its power?
• Did Aragorn have spell lists that he just never used?
• Where is the heroism of the stories to be found in the mechanics of the game?
• Why do I have to fight the rules to capture the feel of Middle Earth?

Satisfactory answers to these and many other questions always seemed to elude the writers of RPGs for Tolkien's world, and I hope that in Song of Arda, I have gotten closer to the mark.
Han lyckas (enligt mig) ganska väl med sina föresatser. Dessvärre blev spelet aldrig helt färdigskrivet – det försvann (nästan) helt från internet misstänkt nära releasen av Deciphers »Lord of the Rings RPG«.

Enbart idogt (och frustrerande – vet ni hur mycket Tolkien-junk det finns på nätet?) detektivarbete från min sida gjorde att jag lyckades lägga rabarber på ett Word-dokument som innehåller den senaste draften.