HT HT but grittier?

Ivan NWG

Veteran
if you wanted to make HT a little grittier and slightly less heroic, what changes would you make?

Mogger

Hipsteranka
if you wanted to make HT a little grittier and slightly less heroic, what changes would you make?
We did a few changes in Kopparhavets hjältar. Armour is a bit more effective but so are weapons. That makes it all a bit more... well I wouldnt say realistic but at least somewhere down that line.

You could also add:
  • Critical hits
  • Longer healing time
  • Base Inititaive on Gard/Health instead of armour

Leon

Leo carcion
I think you could achieve quite a lot by playing around with Gard. Maybe turn it into more of a Fatigue style stat that doesn't refresh immediately but needs rest/comfort to recover. Maybe it also depletes during travel.

Ivan NWG

Veteran
Even just delaying Gard recovery to end of day would instill a bit of pacing.

i should clarify we loved the game when we played, but i need it for a different project where id like the tone just a slight bit more in the mud.

Theo

Hero
Some things you could do:

- Put some more limits on using Gard to deflect/absorb injury. Say at a failed defense roll, you may only take up to half the damage on Gard.

- Make it more punishing to fight multiple opponents. Either give a big ganging-up bonus to multiple attackers or a minus to multiple defense rolls.

- Critical / major injuries. Say any injury that does half of your full Hälsa at once is a “Major wound” with some extra effects. Major wounds take longer to heal than common injuries.