Nya Hero Quest - hett eller snett?

zonk

muterad
Var inne på min lokala spelbutiks hemsida och kollade vad som var nytt, och såg att det dykt upp ett nytt HeroQuest från Hasbro. Är det nån som har koll på det eller har hört mer om det? Själv har jag inte ens kommit så långt som att göra en sökning på duckduckgo än.

Är det lika fett som OG HeroQuest? Eller är det stolpe ut?

wilper

Gubevars en rätt produktiv människa.
Jag var sugen först, men jag gillar inte stilen på gubbarna i nya så det blev inget med det.

zonk

muterad
Nej de ser lite beige:a ut.. ingen stil, vagt klumpiga..

runequester

Swordsman
If I may and you dont mind English:

I own the new game (and the old one) plus the two expansions (Kellars and the Witch bro).
I grew up with the Danish version of the original, which I believe was mostly identical to the UK and presumably Swedish versions.

Rules wise, the game is 99% identical to the old game. That is, it is identical to the US version of the original, not the one we grew up with. Honestly, its the better version of the game but it IS worth noting. Im happy to explain some of the differences but they are online too if you poke around.

With that in mind, rulebook is basically the original rulebook. they didn't really fix any of the stuff people have been house ruling for a few decades now.

The new figures are quite nice. The style is more "modern" and less charming but they aren't bad. I like the new heroes a lot. The orcs are a bit too humanoid, but the lady orcs would make good barbarian minis. The new furniture and doors is all very nice. One note: The new board and figures are bit bigger than the old ones and are not really compatible in case you were wondering.
Oh, the new Gargoyle is way cooler. The new "Abomination" (since Fimir is GW IP) looks dumb. But the original Fimir also looked dumb.

Is it worth it? Well, if you like Hero Quest, its Hero Quest. If you had the various Euro versions, its the superior US version 🦅🍔🔫.

How does it hold up compared to other dungeon crawling games released these days? I can mainly compare to Descent and I think while Descent is more detailed, you can probably complete a Hero Quest campaign, raise a child and learn to play the guitar in the time it takes to set up a Descent game.

Dr_Dängrot

Myrmidon
Vilka skulle dessa fixar bestå i? Jag har typ spelat datorspelet någon timme; det är min erfarenhet av HeroQuest.
En nitpick som jag vet folk hade med Hero Quest som folk house rulade bort var att man bestämmer ifrån start vilken ordning spelarna skall agera i och sedan agerar dom i den ordningen igenom hela äventyret. Folk gjorde som så att varje gång det var spelarnas tur att agera så fick dom agera i vilken ordning dom ville ist för raw .

Det är något som jag sett verkar finnas kvar i nya versionen att du har inte valfrihet utan har du satt turn order barbar , alv , magiker , dvärg så måste du spel så igenom hela äventyret med den turn ordern

Många jag spelade med skrotade att man slog för movement och hade ett fast movement ist , kommer dock inte ihåg vad vi kom fram till för fasta siffror för varje karaktärs movement.

runequester

Swordsman
In addition to that, the game could use a fix to prevent the heroes always stacking up at the doors and making most fights boring as the monsters only get to attack one at a time. Allowing the monsters to attack diagonal works pretty well.