Nekromanti Invitation to Werewolf World Championship

Thingyman

Veteran
Hello guys :)

Dansker her - men for at sikre mig, at I kan forstå mig, skriver jeg resten på engelsk :p

I would very much like to invite your community to take part in Season 4 of the Werewolf World Championship.

The Werewolf Championship is an annual online tournament series that pits representatives from various forum Werewolf (aka Mafia) communities against one another as they compete to determine the Internet’s greatest forum Mafia player. Each participating community democratically elects one person to represent them and become their “Champion”.

Season 1 ran in 2013-2014, while Season 2 and Season 3 ran in 2015 and 2016, respectively. As of Season 3, a total of 160 communities have been represented in the Mafia Championship, making it the largest cross-forum event on the Internet. People from all over participate in these games -- we have American, British, Australian, Danish, Romanian, Spanish, Italian, Swedish, Polish, German, etc. communities.

I hope that all this sounds very exciting. If you are interested in this, please post here in this thread, either to share your support for the community participating in this, to nominate other players, or to volunteer yourself as a participant.

More information here: https://docs.google.com/document/d/1E9x7nJkSPmv1ZtSKFdSmLsvD4DQoX13i2MA9VG5p4W4/edit

Cliffs:
- 150 communities will be participating -- hopefully you will be amongst those
- The setup this year: 15-man Mountainous (3 vanilla werewolves vs. 12 vanilla villagers), i.e. no special roles
- Qualifiers take place during May and June. So your rep would just need to have 2-3 weeks where they could play during either of those months (they play in just one qualifying game at whatever time suits them best).
- Your rep can choose between 12, 36, 48 or 72 hour Day Phases
- Your rep needs to make a minimum of 10 posts per Day Phase
- The activity will be higher than what you're used to - expect maybe 500 posts per day the first few days
- Deadline for deciding on a rep/volunteering: April 23

Thingyman

Veteran
If you select a game with 12 or 36 hour Day Phases, Nights are 12 hours long.

If you select a game with 48 hour or 72 Day Phases, Nights are 24 hours long.

Swashbuckler
Ok, thanks. How are the winners chosen? Let's say five villagers are left in the end, is there a vote? Can someone eliminated win as well because of being voted the best (let's say a villager has good ideas for all three werewolves early on so they kill him fast)

Thingyman

Veteran
The players themselves vote on who they felt was best. They use whatever criteria they feel is right. You don't need to survive a game to be voted on.

There will be 11 qualifying games, so from each of these one person will advance directly to the finale, giving us 11 out of the needed 15 finalists. The last 4 finalists are found from 2 wildcard games for which 30 people will be wildcarded into - chosen by a jury consisting of last season's finalists.

Swashbuckler
How many participants are ready now? Part of me definitely wants to participate simply because it would be awesome to become the best player in the world;) but i only played a few games so i'd probably only come second :/

Swashbuckler
lets say we'd join the 12 hour game, when would it start? could also be useful info:)

I mean if it would end up being from midnight until 12 at noon it would probably be hard to get 10 posts in for a few people.

Thingyman

Veteran
157 out of 165 communities are confirmed right now. Out of those, 115 have elected their representatives at this time.

So 12 hour day phases is the least popular option, and so there might only be one - maybe two - games with those phase lengths, and I imagine they'll have to be American deadline games, so probably from like 14.00 to 02.00 our time. That's what I usually play myself fwiw, so I don't personally have an issue with that, but you might prefer playing in a 36/12 or 48/24 game or something with Euro deadlines where day would end at like 22.00 our time.

It seems no one else is interested, so if you decide you wanna do it, let me know and I'll lock in a spot for your community :)

Swashbuckler
yeah, im in, i just need to think about what times i prefer, i'll get back to you asap

Swashbuckler
i'd prefer 12 hours in May i think, otherwise i might have a hard time participating actively

Vimes

Lenny Kravitz
.113;n233684 said:
yeah, im in, i just need to think about what times i prefer, i'll get back to you asap

Jag stödjer .113 som representant för WRNU. (och eftersom jag bestämmer över varulvsspelscommunityt så är det bestämt att det blir så nu).

Thingyman

Veteran
FINAL UPDATE

Your representative has been slotted into this game below.

GAME 3 @ MAY 8 (36/12 Phase Lengths w/ 4 PM EST deadline)
@.133 (Rollspell.nu)
@chrja (PokerNet)
@Cricket Umpire (Planet Cricket)
@Dixie (Weerwolven van Wakkerdam)
@Drogo (Friendly Mafia Fun)
@Franksa (Hattrick.org (Hungarian))
@Graeham (MMO Champion)
@GUNNER (GunsNFNRoses)
@Halima (Kylä)
@Hunterschlumpf (Hattrick.org (German))
@Klopp (?wiat ?ukasza)
@Mr10B (Hattrick.org (Dutch))
@Shakerag (Bay 12 Games)
@The Must (Lupus in Tabula)
@trainingchamp (Hattrick.org (Danish))

Do you wish to spectate and/or talk with players from other communities?
We have a big chat on Discord (300+ members) for those that want to spectate and talk about these games. The representatives will be added to this channel too after they die. Or if you just want to chat with people from other communities, we have a general chat too that is unrelated to the Mafia Championship.

1) CLICK HERE TO JOIN: https://discord.gg/zdeEhcg
2) Tag one of the red or blue people in the chat (write @Thingyman or @staff for example), let them know who you are and from what community, and they'll give you the necessary permissions to see the spectator channel. This is necessary to avoid the wrong people (the representatives and their backups) joining the channel.

You don't need to have Discord installed in order to join the channel, as there is a web version.

Do you want to have your own private community spectator chat?
This is definitely both allowed and encouraged. However, I ask that you please do everything possible to make this chat private and inaccessible to your representative, backup and your representative's opponents. It's important that your thoughts and comments don't influence the game. In other words, please don't post about the game in public threads -- this is very important.

Where do I get more info?
Refer to this thread: http://www.mafiauniverse.com/forums/threads/7692-Season-4-The-Time-Is-Now!

This thread will tell you all the details about this season. It also includes the list of participating communities and their representatives.

If you need to get in contact with me, my Skype is "thingyman" and my Discord is "Thingyman#6075". From this point on I will be checking in less on the various sites. I will make sure to pop in again though when your representative's game starts and post a link :)