X
Konversationsdetalj Module
Minimera
  • Filtrera
  • Tidsrymd
  • Visa
Rensa All
nya inlägg

Thanks gang. Consaber sounds like a good place to start with for a fairly traditional fantasy group then.

Kommentera

I would recommend grabbing the Mundana-box.
      Also, if you want to have Consaber your should consider grabbing Thalamur while you're at it. They are bitter enemies with each other and constantly at war.
      Can't have one without the other =)

Kommentera

Ursprungligen skrivet av dancodan Visa inlägg
        I would recommend grabbing the Mundana-box.
        Also, if you want to have Consaber your should consider grabbing Thalamur while you're at it. They are bitter enemies with each other and constantly at war.
        Can't have one without the other =)
        This, though it must be admitted that Thalamur has been changed a bit (parts of the geography) for Eon IV. Still an awesome book! Also, the updated map can be found here.
        Last edited by LordTengel; 15 May 2018, 18.03.

Kommentera

Much appreciated guys.

I couldn't find a shop online that seemed to have the box set and did international shipping, but I have the Geografica Mundana book on its way across the Atlantic ocean shortly :)

A few more random questions:

1:
          For Asharien, the Eon 3 Spelledarens Guide says that the dominant population is Asharier.
          But neither Eon 3 or 4 has them listed when discussing attributes for playable characters (Unless I missed it).

How do you handle them or are they covered in another book somewhere?

2:
          Eon 3 has a pretty big list of specific herbs and what climates they grow in, while 4 seems to take a more open-ended approach.
          Is there a list out there with more specific suggestions on which herbs grow in what country, or do you just sort of make it up ?

3:
          Is there a canonical herb or drug that prevents pregnancy in the setting?

4:
          Is the Religion book any good? I've seen mixed reviews online. I know this is rather subjective so I hope you'll forgive me.

5:
          An Eon 3 rules question if you don't mind:
          How are attacker and defender actions timed? Let's say the defender is prone and wants to stand up as one of their actions.
          How do you figure out if they do so before the attack or after it?

I might just be missing it due to language issues, but I couldn't find anything that seemed to clearly explain it.

6:
          In published adventures etc. how big a part do "monsters" play? (giant spiders, trolls, dragons etc.)
          I realize this can differ based on the campaign, but I am curious if it's intended to be that the countryside is full of monsters or whether seeing a troll or a skeleton is supposed to be a big deal.

7:
          Ditto how common is magic and magic use "officially" ? I noticed that in the Jargiska empire, its basically banned but what's the norm elsewhere?

If a magic user casts a spell in a small village, would the villagers freak out? Find it neat? Shrug and go on with their day ?

8:
          On that topic, I noticed that Eon 3 has a spell for raising the dead.
          Is this intended to be somewhat readily available or would it be a difficult and rare thing?

My feeling reading the books is that the setting is intended to be fairly dangerous place and availability of "raise dead" tends to seriously affect the feeling.

Cheers and thank you in advance for your time gang!

Kommentera

I'll answer what I can and I guess others can chime in with the rest as well.
            Ursprungligen skrivet av runequester Visa inlägg
            1:
            For Asharien, the Eon 3 Spelledarens Guide says that the dominant population is Asharier.
            But neither Eon 3 or 4 has them listed when discussing attributes for playable characters (Unless I missed it).

How do you handle them or are they covered in another book somewhere?
            Mechanically, Asharians (and any other human ethnicity that doesn't have stats specified) are considered a sub-group of Vanarians (Vanarer).

3:
            Is there a canonical herb or drug that prevents pregnancy in the setting?
            They aren't a sure thing, but Grå tveblading (Grey twoleafer) and Tandbär (Toothberry) both make it two levels harder to get pregnant for Ob1T6 hours. I don't think there are any rules on getting pregnant, but two levels harder means a significantly lower chance/risk.

4:
            Is the Religion book any good? I've seen mixed reviews online. I know this is rather subjective so I hope you'll forgive me.
            I recall it as being fairly good, though you usually get a decent look at the dominant local religion in any regional sourcebook as well.

5:
            An Eon 3 rules question if you don't mind:
            How are attacker and defender actions timed? Let's say the defender is prone and wants to stand up as one of their actions.
            How do you figure out if they do so before the attack or after it?

I might just be missing it due to language issues, but I couldn't find anything that seemed to clearly explain it.
            Normally, the attacker and defender alternate actions, with the attacker going first - though the first few actions made by the defender will likely be defense rolls. "Stand up" is a special action for defenders - it's called "Resa sig upp" on page 36 of the GM's book. Basically, you make a difficulty Ob0T6 roll against Rörlighet (so unless you're combining it with other actions, or have difficulty increases from exhaustion or pain, you automatically succeed) at the very start of the melee phase of the round.

7:
            Ditto how common is magic and magic use "officially" ? I noticed that in the Jargiska empire, its basically banned but what's the norm elsewhere?

If a magic user casts a spell in a small village, would the villagers freak out? Find it neat? Shrug and go on with their day ?
            It depends on the region. In general, magic in Eon is treated as an advanced craft or a science. It can be powerful and thus mages are usually treated with respect, but it is a matter of respect for the power they wield, not fear of the unnatural things they do.

8:
            On that topic, I noticed that Eon 3 has a spell for raising the dead.
            Is this intended to be somewhat readily available or would it be a difficult and rare thing?
            It would be a fairly difficult thing. Casting the ritual involves four successful skill rolls - even if you're good, you have a fairly good chance of failing at least one of them. It is also difficult, but not impossible, to learn as a ritual of the 10th magnitude. However, the big limit is that the ritual does not actually heal the corpse - the corpse will still be as wounded as it was at the time of death, which means there's a big chance you'll bring it back to life only to watch it die again.

Kommentera

2. I usually read the descriptions in Spelledarens guide to find out what climate the herb usually grows in and adjust the difficulty of finding it depending on whether it matches the climate where the player characters are.

4. I think the religion book is all right. It provides important dates of worship for religious pc's, and information about a lot of different religions. The descriptions it does give on each religion are a bit too short though and maybe some of the smaller sects could have been left out of the book to allow for more information on some of the more widespread religions.

6. It depends on the monster I suppose. A regular pig-farmer in Mundana most likely won't encounter any trolls or reanimated skeletons in his lifetime. People who live and work close to the forest might encounter a skogstroll if they are lucky/unlucky or a hyggelmonster/hygglobeast. The Higher dragons are extremely rare and powerful. The lower dragons are sometimes used as mounts and pets, when they don't bite your face off. Trolls, undead, demons and other monstrosities show up in quite a few of the published adventures.

Kommentera

Awesome, thanks.
                I think between the two of you, you basically got everything :-)

Kommentera

A few more questions if you don't mind (Yes, I know, they never end!)

A: From what I am understanding, D&D style "half-breeds" aren't really a thing? I'm good with that (I never liked half-orcs and half-elves) but what about romance between species? (say, human and a dwarf, whatever) Accepted? Frowned upon?
                  I assume it depends on where you go of course, but any general pointers?

B: Is it a general function of Daak-worshippers that they view magic as evil or is that a Jargiska empire thing ?

f.x. Consaber is largely Daak in religion, would they view magic as dimly as the empire ?

C:
                  On the big map here https://fablr.co/asset/image/mundana-extra.jpg

in the north, there's a bunch of places marked in red "Krigets hord", "Reptilens hord" etc.
                  I gather these are hordes of some kind but hordes of what? Tirak? Barbarians? Something else?

Kommentera

A. Elves and humans can have babies, but they will either be born as a 100 % elf or as a 100 % human, with some visual characteristics from the other parent perhaps. Tiraker could consider having a human partner since tiraker and humans share the same "erotic scent" and there is an example of a human scholar from Asharien living in a romantic relationship with a tirak woman. In Damarien relationships between humans and other species are outlawed, but I think it shouldn't be much of a problem in most other countries.

B. It's mostly a Jargien thing. Consaber, Damarien and Drunok are Daak-worshipping countries where a magic-user could live in relative peace as long as a stray inquisitor doesn't show up.

C. Those are Rauner, human nomads that sometimes raid the civilized countries to the south. They are great with horses, but among some of the hordes they use horndrakar (rather big dragon creatures that unfortunately find horses delicious) as a mount.

Kommentera

As always, great answers from Nirbulas. Just a few things to add/clarify regarding interspecies romance and offspring: the word "half-elf" might be used by the people of Mundana about someone of human and elven descent, but the thing that determines which species the half-elf truly belong to is whether or not s/he has inherited the elven Curse and all it entails - long life, the piercing elven gaze, and so on. As far as is currently known, elves and humans are the only species that can actually interbreed.

Regarding Damarien and its laws against interspecies relationships, it's worth noting that elves are considered (borderline) demons by most people in Damarien, and it's a very xenophobic culture.

Kommentera

Appreciate it guys.

I just got the Geografica book in the mail, along with the "Monster i Mundana" book,so I am eagerly digging into those.

The big question is what to get next, since almost everything looks pretty tempting.

Kommentera

Arbetar …
                        X